We’re falling back to our original dinner hours: 5-9 PM Tuesday through Saturday, with live music on Fridays and Saturdays from 8-10 PM. Happy Autumn everyone!
The Root Cellar was opened in 2011 as a way to support and showcase the abundant and beautiful foods grown by local farms. Owner Ruben Fields’ parents run Turkey Hill Farm, on Tallahassee’s east side. Our frequently changing menu reflects the bounty of Turkey Hill and other small farms in the area.
(photo credit: Lonely Fox Photography / Dave Barfield)
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Reservations: We do not take reservations.
- If you wish to call us 15-30 minutes before your arrival, we’ll happily give you an idea of our current wait times (if any). On weeknights we typically do not have a wait. On weekends, during peak business hours (6:30-8:30), we may have a wait of up to half an hour. We have a small seating area to accommodate those who choose to wait, and we will happily serve drinks to those waiting.
- At least half of your party must be on-site in order to be seated or added to the wait-list.
- Large Parties: We can accommodate parties of up to six people.
- Live Music: We have live music sporadically on weekends. Please call or email for updates. Our facebook page is also frequently updated.
(Photo credits: Lonely Fox Photography / Dave Barfield)
(Beautiful piece of cypress found in the Appalachicola River; used to make our front bar)
For Volunteer Opportunities with local farms email email@example.com
- Turkey Hill Farm
- Full Earth Farm
- Longview Farms
- Orchard Pond Organics
- Sweet Grass Dairy
- Lake Seminole
- Bumpy Road Farm
- KBH Farms
- Sycamore Gardens
- i-Grow Farm
- Moore Pigs
- White Oak Pastures
Check out the Red Hills Online Market to shop from many of these local farms, and you can also buy a changing variety of our baked goods and desserts there. There’s a new and exciting selection each week, open for shopping from 6 AM Sundays to 6 AM Wednesdays, with pickups/deliveries on Thursday afternoons.
(We sell baked goods like these delicious cookies, scones and granola through the Red Hills Online Market each week!)
Lucky Goat Coffee
United Foods International