Purpose: Here at The Miccosukee Root Cellar we are passionate about supporting local farms and providing fresh organic food to our community. We advocate for sustainability and bio-diversity and foster a gathering space to support local producers, farmers, artists and musicians. As we guide you through your experience at the restaurant we offer home-grown integrity in our staff, our food, our wine and beer selection, and our music.
Background: The Miccosukee Root Cellar was established in 2011 as Tallahassee’s first organic farm-to-table restaurant, as a way to showcase the abundant and beautiful foods grown by our local farms. Owner Ruben Fields’ parents run Turkey Hill Farm, a sustainable small farm on Tallahassee’s east side. Our seasonally changing menu reflects the bounty of Turkey Hill and other small organic farms in the area.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Reservations: We are a no-reservation style restaurant for normal hours of operation, however to make a reservation for our Special Events or Wine or Beer Pairing dinners call 850.597.7419.
- Large Parties: On week days we can take parties up to 10, party sizes between 7-10 people may be given a limited menu to assure quality service to your party.
- Due to our small space, on weekends and during busy times we allow parties up to 6 people.
- Although we do not take reservations, a notice call of 15-30 minutes before is appreciated to give everyone an idea of our current traffic flow.
- At least half or more of your party must be on-premise in order to be seated or on the wait-list.
- Talent Booking: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Catering On/Off-site: email@example.com
For Volunteer Opportunities email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Turkey Hill Farm
- Full Earth Farm
- Orchard Pond Organics
- Sweet Grass Dairy
- Mt. Beasor Farm
- Lake Seminole
- Best Little Greens
- Bumpy Road Farm
- KBH Farms
- Byrd Farms
- Sycamore Gardens
- Sopchoppy Farms
- i-Grow Farm
- Moore Pigs
Check out the Red Hills Online Market for your weekly produce needs. There’s a new and exciting selection each week, open for shopping from 6 AM Sundays to 6 AM Wednesdays, with pickups/deliveries on Thursdays.