Hey Guys! We are now accepting reservations for our dinner on Thursday July 31st that is based around the Sweet Grass Dairy Cheeses. It is $70 a seat and reservation times start at 5:30 and 7:30pm. Please call and confirm your reservation today at 850.597.7419. Menu is stated below:
Course One: Moore Pigs Pulled Pork, Sweet Grass Heat Biscuit, Local Summer Squash Slaw
Course Two: Fresh Summer Vegetable Salad With Sweet Grass Dairy Cheese TBA
Entrée: Fruits of the Sea, House-made Pasta, Sweet Grass Cypress Carbonara
Dessert: Sweet Grass Greenhill Cheesecake with Local Fig Preserve
Suggested Wine Pairings To Be Announced…
Purpose: The impetus behind the Miccosukee Root Cellar is our passion for supporting local farms and providing fresh organic food to our community. We advocate for sustainability and bio-diversity and foster a gathering space to support local producers, farmers, artists and musicians.
As we guide you through your experience at the restaurant we offer home-grown integrity in our staff, our food, our wine and beer selection, and our music.
Background: The Miccosukee Root Cellar was established in 2011 as Tallahassee’s first organic farm-to-table restaurant, as a way to showcase the abundant and beautiful foods grown by our local farms. Owner Ruben Fields’ parents run Turkey Hill Farm, a sustainable small farm on Tallahassee’s east side. Our seasonally changing menu reflects the bounty of Turkey Hill and other small organic farms in the area.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Reservations: We are a no-reservation style restaurant for normal hours of operation, however to make a reservation for our Special Events or Wine or Beer Pairing dinners call the phone number listed above.
- Large Parties: On week days we can take parties up to 10, party sizes between 7-10 people may be given a limited menu to assure quality service to your party.
- Due to our small space, on weekends and during busy times we allow parties up to 6 people.
- Although we do not take reservations, a notice call of 15-30 minutes before is appreciated to give everyone an idea of our current traffic flow.
- At least half or more of your party must be on-premise in order to be seated or on the wait-list.
- Talent Booking: email@example.com
- Catering On/Off-site: firstname.lastname@example.org