Here at The Miccosukee Root Cellar we are passionate about supporting local farms and serving fresh naturally-grown food to this community. We advocate for sustainability and bio-diversity and foster a gathering space to support local producers, farmers, artists and musicians.
We opened the Miccosukee Root Cellar in 2011 as a way to showcase the abundant and beautiful foods grown by our local farms. Owner Ruben Fields’ parents run Turkey Hill Farm, a biodynamic and sustainable small farm on Tallahassee’s east side. Our frequently changing menu reflects the bounty of Turkey Hill and other small farms in the area.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Reservations: We do not take reservations.
- If you wish to call us 15-30 minutes before arrival, we’ll happily give you an idea of our current wait times (if any). On weeknights we typically do not have a wait. On weekends, during peak business hours (6:30-8:30), we may have a wait of up to an hour. We have a small seating area to accommodate those who choose to wait, and we will happily serve drinks to those waiting.
- At least half of your party must be on-site in order to be seated or added to the wait-list.
- Large Parties: On weekdays we can accommodate parties of up to ten people. Large parties may be given a limited menu to assure quality and timely service. Because of our small space, on weekends and during busy nights we can accommodate parties of up to six people.
- Live Music: We have live music on Fridays and Saturdays, 8-10 PM. Please see our Music Calendar using the tab above, or follow us on Facebook.
- Talent Booking: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Catering, On/Off-site: email@example.com
For Volunteer Opportunities with local farms email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Turkey Hill Farm
- Full Earth Farm
- Orchard Pond Organics
- Sweet Grass Dairy
- Mt. Beasor Farm
- Lake Seminole
- Best Little Greens
- Bumpy Road Farm
- KBH Farms
- Byrd Farms
- Sycamore Gardens
- Sopchoppy Farms
- i-Grow Farm
- Moore Pigs
Check out the Red Hills Online Market for your weekly produce needs. There’s a new and exciting selection each week, open for shopping from 6 AM Sundays to 6 AM Wednesdays, with pickups/deliveries on Thursdays.