Here at The Miccosukee Root Cellar we are passionate about supporting local farms and serving fresh naturally-grown food to this community.
We opened the Miccosukee Root Cellar in 2011 as a way to showcase the abundant and beautiful foods grown by our local farms. Owner Ruben Fields’ parents run Turkey Hill Farm, on Tallahassee’s east side. Our frequently changing menu reflects the bounty of Turkey Hill and other small farms in the area.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Reservations: We do not take reservations.
- If you wish to call us 15-30 minutes before your arrival, we’ll happily give you an idea of our current wait times (if any). On weeknights we typically do not have a wait. On weekends, during peak business hours (6:30-8:30), we may have a wait of up to one hour. We have a small seating area to accommodate those who choose to wait, and we will happily serve drinks to those waiting.
- At least half of your party must be on-site in order to be seated or added to the wait-list.
- Large Parties: On weekdays we can accommodate parties of up to ten people. Large parties may be given a limited menu to assure quality and timely service. Because of our small space, on weekends and during busy nights we can accommodate parties of up to six people.
- Live Music: We have live music on Fridays and Saturdays, 8-10 PM. Please see our Music Calendar using the tab above, or follow us on Facebook.
- Talent Booking: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Catering, On/Off-site: email@example.com
For Volunteer Opportunities with local farms email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Turkey Hill Farm
- Full Earth Farm
- Orchard Pond Organics
- Sweet Grass Dairy
- Mt. Beasor Farm
- Lake Seminole
- Best Little Greens
- Bumpy Road Farm
- KBH Farms
- Byrd Farms
- Sycamore Gardens
- Sopchoppy Farms
- i-Grow Farm
- Moore Pigs
Check out the Red Hills Online Market for your weekly produce needs. There’s a new and exciting selection each week, open for shopping from 6 AM Sundays to 6 AM Wednesdays, with pickups/deliveries on Thursdays.